Wednesday 2 February 2011

ANALOGUE BOOGIE: Special CD Offer

DEM032_Front

Last year I licensed some tracks to a library company called Deep East Music. They supply music to the TV and film industry etc, and they press up very small runs of CDs which are exclusively for their clients and not offered for sale.
However, I've made a deal with them to make a small quantity available to DMX Krew fans, here's the deal:

It's a double CD entitled Analogue Boogie / Analogue Lounge. There are 33 tracks and 29 mini-tracks which are 60-second long edits intended for theme tunes etc.

The musical style is quite varied but it's all analogue synth stuff, quite retro and similar to stuff on "Fresh Up" but also there are a couple of electro tunes and a few other styles. It's nearly all instrumental but there are a couple of vocoder jams including "Do It All Nite" from the last DMX Krew single on Fresh Up.

Price is gonna be £12 plus taxes and post & packaging.

EDIT: Tax means VAT in the EC bringing the total up to £14.40. If you're outside the EC you don't have to pay VAT. Please note, previously I thought the tax was UK only but I was wrong. I'm going to confirm this tomorrow with the tax bastards.

I'm not sure what the post & packaging costs are going to be right now but I'll find out and update this post in the next couple of days.

If you're interested, please email me at: dmxkrew **AT** gmail ^^DOT^^ commmmm. :)

Here's a wee mix of some of the tracks:

Deep East Promo Mix by EDMX

23 comments:

  1. That mix was a lot of fun to listen to. Hey, is the ambient track you posted about shortly ago included in this CD, or was that something separate? Other than films and television, have you ever employed for the use of your music in computer games, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not, that track was made specially for the film.
    I've licensed a track to a console game before, and also composed all the music for an arcade machine once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping this can wait for payday. These are awesome. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "also composed all the music for an arcade machine once."

    Whoa, more on this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The game never got a proper release. You can see a tiny bit here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lYBJ31CVMU

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. I've always wanted to make music for a game. Shame that never saw a proper release, because it looks pretty fun. I'd like to hear all the music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what's that you brought me today there Mr. Postman? BRK58 and Fresh Up 1-3 vinyls for me? Now The Game and this? You're breakin' the bank Ed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. arrived this morning, thanks for the speedy service. listening now, great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. on my 3rd listen now. lots of stuff to luv...including a track with the best title ever "divorce by fax".. thats just a wonderful title :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually they changed the titles of nearly all the tracks, so that's down to Deep East. So is the artwork :-/
    I don't even know what track that is cos I named them all differently...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really?! I thought it was an insight into how you would change your mind about track titles... "Spaghetti sauce" has become "Tomato ketchup" and "tropical laser fantasy" is now just "tropical laser"... Isnt it frustrating to have somebody else rename your work? wish I had the true titles for when I add them to my edmx mp3 vault... bur "divorce by fax" is still a happenin' title :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah it's a bit frustrating but the CD isn't really a "DMX Krew" CD, it's just a library CD of some tracks I made never intended to be released to the public in that format.... so it doesn't really matter.
    Changing the titles was a way around copyright issues so that I could still use the original titles on Fresh Up releases.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you have alot of unreleased tracks lying around? did you for instance do any vocal tracks for "kiss goodbye" that didnt make the final cut? how many tracks do you think youve made in your career?

    ReplyDelete
  14. About 600 unreleased tracks on my computer, plus a box full of DATs from before I got a computer.
    Most of them aren't good enough to release, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW. Sorry for turning this into Q&A, Ill let you go now. thnx for answering

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE IT! My Copy just arrived! great great great stuff !!!! thank you ed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just got mine. It's great! My favorite track so far is White Chinos.

    I guess this confirms the rumor that BBII and The Fresh Up Players are, in fact, noms de synthés for Ed DMX.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just got mine in the post and it's making my night! Great stuff Ed, I'm glad that us fans got a chance to hear such gems. Much love from Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I knew White Chinos was the jam.

    http://soundcloud.com/edmx/fresh004-sample

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is a rumour going about that our noble seer, Lord DMX is marrying Anita from Belgain, rave-trance-eurocrunk enthusiasts, 2 Unlimited on the 29th April 2011.

    Apparently they met 8 years ago at Technopolis College in St. Andrew's, Scotland.

    We wish the happy couple all the best for the future, warm wishes and smiling, electro faces.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good artcile, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting.
    Winlive4d Bandar darat Terpercaya

    ReplyDelete